IPCR's FOI Implementation
Under the FOIA, public institutions must routinely publish certain information on an ongoing basis. This obligation is separate from the duty to make information available in response to applications for information under the Act.
Accordingly, IPCR is committed to:
- Making public records and information more freely available
- Proactive, periodic disclosure of certain information
- Providing for public access to public records and information
- Protecting public records and information to the extent consistent with the public interest and the protection of personal privacy
- Protecting serving public officers from adverse consequences of disclosing certain kinds of official information without authorization
The task of effectively discharging the proactive disclosure obligation under FOIA or responding to requests for information promptly is a shared responsibility within IPCR.
However, IPCR manages compliance with its FOIA obligations through an FOI Unit. The FOI Unit, is headed by IPCR’s FOIA Contact, and is mandated to:
- Ensure the proactive disclosure of relevant information on a periodic basis.
- Review FOIA applications for access to information and records.
- Ensure that applications are brought to the notice of the appropriate directorate department, section or unit within IPCR as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with IPCR’s directorates, departments, sections and units to address requests.
- Consult, where necessary, with other stakeholders in and outside IPCR on FOIA-related matters.
- Ensure the appropriate timely response to all requests in collaboration with the Legal Department.
- Determine the standard charges for document duplication and fees transcription where necessary for responding to any request.
- Record all FOI requests and the action(s) taken.
- Prepare and submit the annual FOI Report for the preceding year to the Attorney-General of the Federation on or before 1st February each year.
- Ensure that IPCR’s annual FOI Report is made available to the public.
|Name:||Hajiya Rasheeda Junaidu|
|Address:||Plot 496 Abogo Largema street Off Constitution Avenue, CBD, Abuja|
|INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE 2022|
CAPITAL PROJECTS, ZONAL INTERVENTION/CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS OF THE INSTITUTE. Download
|INVITATION TO TENDER AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE YEAR 2021 CAPITAL PROJECTS, ZONAL INTERVENTION/CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS OF THE INSTITUTE.|
|2021 DEPARTMENTAL PROJECTS. Download|
|IPCR 2020 CAPITAL PROJECTS. Download|